Here’s what you can look for in the coming months in this section of the site:
- A constantly-evolving set of 52 pages, packed with resources for engaging kids with each of the 52 chapters of Brian McLaren’s We Make the Road by Walking.
- A way to receive the resources in weekly emails, in synch with Brian’s recommended calendar, starting on August 31.
- Resources organized according to age group, learning modality, and spiritual style (See my friend Dave Csinos for more on children’s spiritual styles).
- New ways to interact with other parents and church folks. We are, after all, making this road together.
More ideas for the future:
- Publishing a children’s Bible featuring the primary texts of all 52 chapters. I can write but not draw; anybody know a good children’s illustrator??
- Resources for inter-religious groups, still organized around Brian’s 52 chapters, but drawing more on texts and practices from outside Christian traditions.
- Resources for adults wanting to go deeper into the ideas and practices raised in the 52 chapters — films / documentaries / TED talks to watch, books to read, spiritual practices to try, organizations to get involved with, and more.
- An expanded 3-year lectionary based on the the big overall Bible storyline outlined in the book. Brian has provided a set of central stories and texts which can serve as anchor points for continued study and conversation. A next step will be to bring in more and more of the other Bible texts to enrich this ever-evolving ecosystem of generous Christian communities.